SUSSEX COUNTY FAMILY COURT FACILITY – SCHEDULED STREET CLOSURES
Due to the construction of the new Family Court House in Georgetown, Delaware, there will be multiple street closures from April 2023 through the Spring of 2025. Before traveling to our office, please review the street closure schedule below. Please call the office at 302-855-1260 if you have any questions, or need directions. Thank you.
- Race Street to be closed from Market to Pine Streets – 4/19/23 through completion of project in Spring 2025;
- Market Street (RT 9) Eastbound parking lane closed 4/18/23 through completion of North Facade Fall of 2024 – (Storm sewer work, curbing and for site access through completion of North Facade);
- Pine Street closed from Race Street to Academy Street – 4/19/23 until 7/14/23 (Deep sewer work and new storm pipe work in Pine Street);
- Academy Street closed between Pine Street and Strawberry Alley – 5/1/23 through 5/12/23 (Deep sewer work and removal of existing sewer);
- Strawberry Alley closed between Academy Street and project site – 5/7/23 through 5/19/23 (Deep sewer work and removal of existing sewer);
- East Market Street (Route 9) closed 6/27/23 through 6/29/23 – (Water main tie-in and piping installation to meter vault inside the construction LOD. This work will be a lane closure only (subject to change);
- Pine Street from Race Street to Lingo Property – will be closed again during erection of Precast Parking Garage.
Sergovic Carmean Weidman McCartney & Owens, P.A. is a Delaware law firm practicing predominately in the areas of Real Estate law, Civil Litigation, Land Use, Estate Planning & Administration, Elder Law, Tax Planning, Family Law, Municipal Law, Guardianships, Business Law, and Business and Entity Formation, Corporations, LLC’s and Partnerships. It is our objective to provide each client with excellent representation, which is both personal to our client and accommodates their needs and desires at competitive rates. The Firm’s commitments to Sussex County and the greater Delaware community are evidenced by its involvement in and support of business and charitable organizations in the local community.